Our COVID-19 Safety Measures for HVAC Site Visits
While it’s true that we install and maintain your heating, ventilation, and air conditioning systems, we prefer to think of what we do another way: at Holtzople HVAC, our most important responsibility is keeping you and your indoor environment comfortable and safe.
Your safety and comfort has been our top priority since we opened our doors. That’s one reason we have remained open throughout the COVID-19 outbreak: we take that commitment seriously and you count on us to deliver on that promise.
Being declared an essential service by Governor Hogan’s office has allowed us to continue taking care of your heating, ventilation, and air conditioning needs…but that does not mean it has been “business as usual,” nor is it likely to be in the near future.
In order to keep serving you in the safest way possible, we have implemented some strict policies and procedures during the COVID-19 outbreak. We’d like to give you a quick summary of the measures we’ve enacted to keep you, your family, our crew, and their families safe during the pandemic:
● Every staff member has been told to stay home and self-quarantine if they notice any sign of illness, whether or not it appears related to the coronavirus.
● Until further notice, all of our employees will be wearing masks, rubber gloves, and shoe covers when they service your equipment.
● Our technicians will wash their hands per CDC guidelines before and after every visit. We have also equipped every technician with hand sanitizer, which they have been instructed to use frequently throughout the day.
● Disinfectant is used throughout the day, including during and between visits.
● Our technicians have been told to stay at least six feet away from you and other people during their service call.
Although many people are getting outdoors a bit more as certain states begin to relax their shelter-in-place orders, the number of hours spent inside are still far greater than normal. Here are a few suggestions for you to consider to keep your indoor air environment safer and more comfortable while your HVAC system is working overtime.
● Schedule a Maintenance Visit with Filter Change. To keep things running smoothly and avoid the inconvenience of an unexpected breakdown, keep your HVAC system running at peak efficiency with a tune-up from Holtzople. A scheduled service appointment includes an inspection of your equipment, the lubrication and repair of any mechanical parts, any necessary calibration, and replacement of your filter.
● Choose Your Service Provider Carefully. HVAC issues can be stressful, so be sure to hire a service team who will respond promptly, locate your problem quickly, and repair it thoroughly. Our technicians have ready access to the tools, parts, and supplies needed to address most repairs.
● Purchase an Indoor Air Purifier. Cleaning and disinfecting counters with certified products will likely kill the coronavirus on surfaces. But what about in the air? Preliminary research would indicate that the virus is also airborne. How long it stays contagious in the air has yet to be determined, but we say “better safe than sorry!” We’ve found the best solution to address airborne viruses is an air scrubber. A portable filtration system that removes particles, gasses, and/or chemicals from the air, these machines draw air in from the surrounding environment and pass it through a series of filters to remove contaminants. Holtzople’s HVAC carries several brands of air scrubbers for different sized homes and is skilled in their installation and operation.
All of us at Holtzople HVAC are committed to seeing you through this public health crisis while remaining mindful of everyone’s health and safety. Our office continues to be closed to walk-ins, but you can schedule an appointment for us to provide services while observing our strict COVID-19 protocols at your location by calling 866-500-4328.
We appreciate your patience during this time. Stay safe!