Proper Maintenance For Your HVAC System:
Caring for your investment is key in establishing its longevity. Take a moment to read over some basic tips, enabling you to get the most out of your home comfort system:
- For most homes, heating is the biggest energy expense. Well-maintained furnaces last longer and run more efficiently, usually 15 to 20 years. For starters, it’s essential to make sure that you have proper sized HVAC equipment for your home.
- Heating or cooling systems that are too large will heat or cool your house quickly. The temperature may feel great, but you may not feel totally comfortable. Specifically in cooling mode, this is because the thermostat will hit the desired temperature before the HVAC system can adequately remove sufficient moisture from the air. This leaves the house with a humid, sticky feeling. In some cases, this could also lead to mold and moisture issues. Added to that, short-cycling (too many starts and stops) will put stress on your equipment and shorten its life.
- The opposite of having a unit too large, HVAC systems that are too small will not be able to heat or cool your home efficiently. This is especially true in harsher weather conditions. The furnace will run constantly in the wintertime while the AC unit will do the same in the summertime.
- There are many factors that go into determining the proper size of your home’s heating and cooling system. The type and size of windows, insulation, type of house and walls, basement and attic conditions, and even house orientation all factor in on choosing the proper HVAC set-up.
- Maintenance steps are fairly easy, as some of them include; keeping heat registers dusted and making sure your furniture is far enough away from them, scheduling annual furnace checkups, and checking your filters once a month during heating season along with changing or cleaning it as needed.
- In order to maintain the correct refrigerant levels as well as provide maximum efficiency, having your air conditioning system serviced each season is very important.
Little Known HVAC Facts:
- Chicken coops have countless germs, but air ducts have more!
- Houses with an average of six rooms collect up to 40 pounds of dust a year.
- According to the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), indoor air is up to 70% more polluted than outdoor air.
- Heating or cooling coils can lose up to 21% in efficiency if they get a build-up of just 0.42 inches of dirt on them.
Free diagnosis with the purchase of a HVAC service contract. Get your diagnostic fee waived when you sign up to be a Holtzople Preventative Maintenance customer. Contact your local office for details.
*Must purchase a Better or Best tier Maintenance Plan to redeem this offer. Limited Time Offer. Cannot be combined with other coupons. Restrictions apply.